December 8, 1948.

The first 4 gr. Polish penicillin produced in Polfa Tarchomin. It was possible, among thanks to the equipment received from the United Nations Administration for Assistance and Reconstruction. The first penicillin was not sufficiently purified, but it was a breakthrough in Polish antibiotic production.

January 1, 1950.

The production of penicillin, which was sold in pharmacies, has started. In 1954, Polfa Tarchomin began exporting penicillin. At that time, apart from the new penicillin factory, there were branches of: galena, synthesis, organopreparations, ampoules and vinegar.

1960.

The famous trademark of Polfa Tarchomin - "F" had been designed and added to the logo.

1990.

Polfa Tarchomin is the second largest producer of erythromycin in the world. The quality of production is considered as the best.

November 13, 2013.

The shares of Polfa Tarchomin S.A., based on an agreement concluded with the Polish Pharmaceutical Holding, were transferred to the Ministry of Treasury. Currently, 85.69% of shares are owned by the Ministry of Health, the rest belongs to the employees of Polfa Tarchomin.

2013

Polfa Tarchomin shares are transferred to the Ministry of Treasury. 85.69% of Polfa Tarchomin's shares belong to the Ministry of Health and 14.31% to current and former employees of Polfa Tarchomin.

2004

the Polish Pharmaceutical Holding is established, consisting of: Polfa Tarchomin, Polfa Pabianice, Polfa Warszawa.

1960

plants start to function as Polfa Tarchomin and it has started the production of aerosols doses.

1953

insulin production started. Polfa has become one of the few insulin companies in the world.

1950

the plants are nationalized. Production of penicillin have begins. Polfa Tarchomin is becoming the leading producer of antibiotics. Their production is based on own biosynthesis

1948

production of the first 4 grams of penicillin. The first patient's administration of penicillin in the world took place 6 years earlier.

1947

opening of a chemical gymnasium at the plants, which was transformed after a year into a 3-year high school.

1944

During the Second World War, Germanys have transports equipment and devices. Most buildings had been destroyed

1939

16 medicinal preparations in various doses and concentrations. It gives the opportunity to sell over 200 products

1937

annual production raises to 990 tons of different drugs and medicines. Polfa is producing almost 12% of the country domestic needs.

1936

start of production of Septazina (a sufamid preparation)

1929

production of the pituitary gland begins.

1928

Polfa employs 278 people, 10 chemists, 11 doctors and 12 pharmacists. Foreign offices in Czechoslovakia, Turkey and Greece have been created. Beginning of production of D2 and lanolin. Over 100 medicines available.

1924

the creation of the Antiba department, which will soon become a separate cosmetics company

1922

the first cardiological preparations and barbiturates. Construction of own power plant. The plants produce 48 different products.

1921

establishment of a research laboratory. Beginning of publishing the first monthly for doctors and pharmacists "Medicamenta nova"

1917

Phosphit-Spiess - the first patented inositophosphoric preparation

1907

first products with the Spiess branding occurred on the market (including Boro Menthol, Tolusan). The Spiess logo had been used until 1936.

1897

the factory produces 2/3 of the quantity of vinegar produced in Poland

1860

beginning of the drugs production.

1845

beginning of the cosmetics production (face powders, tooth powders, perfumes)

1826

the factory had been relocated tothe village of Tarchomin near Warsaw. The chemical production had been started rapidly.

1823

Phosphit-Spiess - the first patented inositophosphoric preparation